Tuesday, May 23, 2006

This is my first post; I'm quite a novice when it comes to "Blogging" so please bear with me!

If this works I hope to publish a weekly report from my allotment in East Yorkshire with what's growing well and what's not! I don't class myself as an expert gardener, so I'll be confessing to my mistakes and, hopefully, showing some of my best produce.

First confession: I spread a thick layer of farmyard manure on top of my winter digging last year. The idea was to rotavate it in this spring. I'll not do that again. I've managed to rotavate it in, at last, but the land is still to wet to walk on and with all of the rain we've had in East Yorkshire I still haven't managed to plant anything on this patch of land. Lesson learnt. Dig in your manure as you go along during the winter.

I'll be sending some photographs with my next submission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters